If you're looking for humour or snark, you're not going to find it here right now. I've been feeling particularly good lately, the sun is shining, I've even been unable to find things to rant about. I first became interested in this "Joyful Meditation" blog idea because my e-friend Nanea used to write them often on that *other* social networking site that we used to be so *spacey* about. I don't have anything to link her to, but you can try this, the link to her Etsy Shop. Go there and buy stuff!
I've been thinking of doing these "Joyful Meditation" blogs for about a year or two since I first saw Nanea's version way back when, then Megan from Whistling Up the Road reminded me with her recent blog posts. At this point my joy can not be contained; it must be shared. Ideally, I would write these at night after reflecting on the day that I've had. I think that for me, I will try to do them each week for now because I am neither diligent nor consistent in any way. So you start off by listing five good things about your day/week, three things you have done well, and two things you are looking forward to. And yeah, it'll probably be Fridays, because everyone knows that that's the real end of the week, that weekends don't count, and Monday is the first day of the week.
5 things that were good:
1. I'm always amazed that I have such great kids. They play well together, they're smart, they love good music and not just pop music and shit they hear on the radio, and they always love to eat raw vegetables. They have manners! They are filled with compassion and kindness. Seriously, sometimes I don't know how a snarky bitch like me ended up having such well-behaved children. (most of the time)
2. I'm so thankful for my dad. He goes above and beyond what is expected of a father, even when he's not physically present. Even when I call him from halfway across the country in tears, he's there for me. I'm so thankful to have him for my father.
3. Love. I have a lot of love in my life right now.
4. Naps are just fucking awesome. I am loving that I get to take a lot of naps because it's summer and I don't have to be anywhere.
3 things I did well:
1. I have a definite lack of booty shorts in my life, but the two that I do own and wear only around the house when it's hotter than hell are now way too big. This leads me to the conclusion that my ass is shrinking, because of reason two.
2. I can now ride my bicycle 12K, which is my favourite route, fairly easily. I need to find a new route soon so I can go further. But last week? I clocked in at 60 K total, which makes me feel good. And stronger.
3. I had a birthday recently and I didn't even freak out.
2 things I am looking forward to:
1. My dad has been at home in Newfoundland on vacation since June. He'll be coming back next week, and I'm so glad because 1) I miss him; and 2) I'm so sick of the kids asking when he's going to be coming home.
2. I am looking forward to just enjoying each day as it comes and living more in the moment with no time and no destination, because that's really what makes summer the most fun. I want the second half of summer to be as great or even greater than the first half was.